Being a mountainous country, Armenia has never been associated with diving, whereas the lake Sevan is a very comfortable place for developing dive tourism. It has many advantages (See technical details about Lake Sevan).
The “ArmDiving” team is planning to build a comfortable and PADI certified dive resort on Sevan. The resort will be built using special containers which can easily be moved in case the lake’s water level goes up.
- Floating platform for organizing international freediving competitions
- Safety area in the water around the building (250 x 250 meters) to avoid conflicts with water vehicles on the surface, and fishing nets underwater. The blocked area (where water depth is 81m) will be also used for implementing any kind of study courses.
- Rooms for overnight stay for 48 people
- Diving accessories shop
- Diving outfit and equipment rental
- Tank refill station (compressed air, oxygen, helium)
- Outfit drying room
- Medical center
- Conference room for theoretical classes
- Bathroom and shower
- Few underwater statues, quest games, sightseeing
For this project implementation “ArmDiving” has participated in 7 dive-tourism related exhibitions (in Orlando, Las Vegas, Dusseldorf, Moscow, etc.), used services by 40 dive resorts in more than 20 countries, organized more than 1000 dives on Sevan.
The team consists of more than 100 PADI certified divers among which we have PADI certified instructor, diver rescuer, archeologist, biologist, technical diver.
How to reach
Chambarak highway 11 km, district Tsovagyugh, 1301, province Gegharkunik, RA